Alumni Club of Chicago Board of Directors Nominations
Have some fun building a great alumni community — join the Board of Directors for the Alumni Club of Chicago.
Thank you for your interest in the Alumni Club of Chicago Board. As the regional club, our mission is to grow the connections between the University and its alumni, parents, and friends by building friendships and providing service to alumni, informing others about UChicago, and by keeping alive the role of the alumni in the University's daily life.
Submitting a Nomination
- Fill out and submit the director nomination form online.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- All nomination must be received by March 23, 2018.
- To be eligible for nomination, a candidate must have matriculated at the University and earned credit toward one of its degrees.
- A candidate should have a history of leadership, service to the University, and the ability to collaborate and think strategically.
- A candidate should be willing to serve as an enthusiastic ambassador for the University in his or her community.
Board Member Expectations
- Attend bi-monthly Board meetings in person. Board meetings generally are held downtown on weeknights after work.
- Participate in occasional Board teleconferences when necessary.
- Be an active member of at least one Board committee.
- Support Alumni Association events as a representative of the Board.
About the Alumni Board of Chicago
- The Board consists of 20 to 25 members with approximately three to six new members joining each year.
- Members serve as ambassadors of the Alumni Association.
- Members serve a two-year term, which begins on July 1, with a “mutual option” for a second two-year term.
- New members and nominators will be notified of their selection by late May. All new members are invited to the Alumni Club of Chicago June Dinner.
- Additional information on the current Board is available here.
- Current bylaws are available here.