Sold Out - STING! A perfect and exclusive evening under the STARS!
Join fellow alumni at a delicious dinner and memorable Sting concert in an evening under the stars at enchanting Ravinia. This is an easy weekend summer night in a beautiful setting, at a phenomenal price!
This University of Chicago Alumni Club of Chicago event is exclusive to you as an alum. Ravinia’s Sting lawn tickets for Saturday sold out in minutes. Registration includes a catered light meal, Ravinia admission lawn ticket to Sting “My Songs” tour and mingling with UChicago alumni in the gorgeous outdoor setting. Ravinia is North America’s oldest outdoor music festival, spread across 36 lush acres on the north shore of Chicago in Highland Park.
- Arrive with your blanket, lawn chair or rent a chair.
- Follow the map to our reserved location on the beautiful tree-filled south lawn, which is close by the pavilion where Sting performs. No battling the crowds for a good spot. Just show up!
- Our space will have serving tables with dinner catered by Ravinia’s Levy Restaurants and dessert from a local bakery. Included will be appetizers, salad, sliders, dessert and water bottles.
- Key times are: Park opens - 5pm, Dinner - 6pm, Concert - 8 to 10pm.
- Ravinia Festival is an outdoor open-air venue, and performances will go on rain or shine; there are no rain checks. If the ground is wet, we will have plastic tarps laid down, so no need to bring your own.
- Beverages other than the provided water are BYOB. You can also purchase alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages on-site at the Ravinia Market, and at kiosks, both just steps away from our reserved lawn spot.
- If you choose to rent a chair on-site, the cost is $10/day-of, or $8/advance online (online is highly recommended to ensure you get a chair).
- Parking is available in the west lot, for $25 CASH ONLY. This lot fills up quickly. Ravinia offers free park-and-ride lots very close by, with regular shuttle buses running continuously to the park.
- The Metra train (UP North line) has a stop at Ravinia Festival and is a popular mode of transportation. See important links below. Ravinia has it all figured out for you to enjoy a memorable evening!
A reminder email will go out the week of the event with the exact map location of our reserved spot and other tips to get ahead of the crowd. Sting will be a sold-out evening register now!
Ravinia festival general information
Ravinia’s Famous Lawn
Parking lot and Free Park and Ride details (Note that parking lot is $25 CASH ONLY)
Metra train to Ravinia: https://www.ravinia.org/Page/MetraRail
Chair rental: https://www.ravinia.org/Page/ChairRental
“First-time” tips: https://www.ravinia.org/Page/FirstTimers
If you have any questions regarding logistics of the event, e.g., where to meet, special assistance requests, parking, please contact Julie Voelker, MBA'87 at firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT CONTACT FOR TICKET SALES - CALL THE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION 773.702.2150.
Cost: $70.00 per alumni /$80.00 per non-alumni; includes ticket and catered light meal.
Registration is limited to a max of 4 persons per account (yourself and up to 3 guests, which can be non-alumni).
Tickets limited to 50 and are non refundable.
Saturday, 08/24/19 at 5:00pm - Saturday at 10:00pm | iCal
200 Ravinia Park Road
Highland Park, IL 60035
[ Get Directions ]
Look Who's Coming:
University of Chicago
Julie Voelker, MBA'87
Do not contact event host for ticket sales issue call the Alumni Assocation at 773.702.2150.