Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu
August 14-24, 2014
Join us on an exclusive University of Chicago Alumni and Friends departure to explore the Andes Mountains of Peru. Immerse yourself in the myths, legends, and history of the Inca on our Inca Trail Trek to Machu Picchu.
• Start with a day in Cusco, one of the most beautiful cities in Peru and the southern capital of the Inca Empire.
• Then travel to the Sacred Valley of the Incas and explore this fertile valley lined with
picturesque Andean markets, impressive churches, and remarkable Inca ruins.
• Stop at Awanacancha to learn about the four types of Andean camelids and observe local artisans demonstrating traditional Andean weaving techniques.
• Visit the Inca ruins of Pisaq, bargain with local craftspeople in the town's famous textile market, and visit a local ceramic artist's studio.
• Opt for horseback riding in the Sacred Valley on Peruvian Paso horses.
• Explore the archaeological site of Ollantaytambo.
Then hike the Inca Trail or take the train to Machu Picchu . . . the choice is yours! Arrive in awe at the Inca citadel that was lost in the dense jungle for hundreds of years.
Click HERE for more information.
Alumni Study Trips
5555 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
773.702.2160 or 800.955.0065